1. Respond to unexpected arrival of Canada Post courier by accepting a mysterious mid-sized brown box.
2. Place box on kitchen counter, and open to find a smaller brown box inside containing the forgotten back-ordered bean and squash seeds along with a free packet of wild flower seeds.
3. Open the medium sized box to find seed potatoes (see photo at right).
4. Feel a sudden overwhelming rush of spring excitement. This, despite the rain, the cold, the earthquakes, incipient nuclear meltdowns, and massive time-change sleep-deprivation.
5. Give in to inspiration: dance around the kitchen to celebrate the arrival of the seed potatoes. Work in a few “stirring the pot of love” moves along with the “I dig you” shuffle. Imagine what it feels like to be a seed potato – full of promise and potential. A happy spring seed potato.
6. Get back to work. 10 minutes spent, spirits lifted.